Tuesday, September 8, 2009

90210, the Next Generation

If I owned a television, I would like, totally be tuning in tonight to the new 90210, just so I could check out the handiwork of Showpony founder and artist Kime Buzzelli, who is an assistant costume designer on the show. I ran into Kime at our local coffee spot, Chango, earlier this summer, and she was telling me about the crazy long hours on the set, and about how much fun she was having creating inspiration books for every character. If you've ever read Kime's blog, The Moldy Doily, you know what a collector and curator of images she is, so I'm sure these books were something to behold.

Here's an excerpt from yesterday's blog post, in which Kime talks about her job and about her ongoing California Dreamin'. Definitely a girl after my own heart...

"So many fittings, so many trips to the stores/boutiques in L.A. so many alterations, so much FLAIR! And now the pay off is to finally get to see it all appear on the screen - with music. There are all new sets, new shooting locations (incredible views) and new cast members added to the mix. And the end result really captures the fantasy of living in California.

I have always been in love with the dreamy lighting in California, driving at sunset alongside giant palm trees backlit by a Los Angeles landscape. Something about the perpetually nice weather and access to beaches and surreal settings has always made me happy to live here. This new season is really going to be fun to watch, because the writers have finally captured the essence of high school - drama, comedy and of course tragedy. Ha."

No comments:

Post a Comment